New VUIIS Members
Contact: Bruce Martin (615-322-6691)
- If you do not have a VUnetID yet, you will want to go to the VUIT website to Authorize your VUnetID and activate your VUnet Services. This will also activate your e-mail address. This page also has information regarding other services at VUIT.
- Some web pages and applications are not available when you are not on the Vanderbilt campus. To get access to these services you will need to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection with Vanderbilt. You will need to go to the SSL VPN website for information on the Vanderbilt VPN.
- It is a good idea to have Bruce Martin (VUIIS Computer Systems Administrator) to review orders for departmental computers before you purchase them.
- VUIIS has licenses for Matlab and BrainVoyager. Other software is available from VUIT through volume licensing with software developers. Additional information is available from VUIT.
- VUIIS has computer Labs with Apple Mac Pro Workstations that can be booted into Mac OS X or Windows. To use the Mac Pro Workstations you will need a VUnetID. VUIIS Computer Systems Account is needed to access the VUIIS servers and VUIIS Compute nodes (vcn0, vcn1, vcn2, vcn3, vcn4), please fill out a request form and it will be emailed to the VUIIS Systems Administrator. When using the Mac Pro Workstations please be sure to save any files created to your home directory on the VUIIS server or to some form of removable media. Files left on the Mac Pro Workstations may be deleted at any time.