Computer / IT Support
Contact: Bruce Martin (615.322.6691)
- Computer/IT resource for members of VUIIS including troubleshooting computer, printer and network problems.
- Assist in configuration, purchasing and setup of new computers.
- Point of contact between VUIIS and ITS, NCS and other Medical Center and Campus IT organizations.
- VUIIS currently has servers that host web, file, ftp, and authentication services.
- Approximately 34.5 terabytes of storage are available for the file server. Each user has a 2GB quota, which can be increased by a justified request.
- Computer Core Lab (MCN/VUIIS, AA1115) is equipped with:
- 6 -Macintosh Pro 2.66GHz Dual Core Duo processor Workstations with 5GB of RAM
- 1 - Dell Workstation
- See Computer Lab Status for current status and what software is available on the systems.
- Please remember that the workstations in the computing lab are a shared resource and there is no good reason to lock the terminal and walk away (for more than a few minutes). If you have a long job to run, you should execute it in the background (at low priority) so others can use these computers. For information on setting up a background process on the linux workstations and other How-to information see the IT How-to and other tips section of this web site.
- New members of VUIIS needing VUnetID, VUIIS computer accounts or other IT assistance please see our new Information for New VUIIS Members page.
A list of VUIIS compute resources can be found here
Forms and Scheduling
- If you need an account on one of the VUIIS computer systems, please fill out a request form and it will be emailed to the VUIIS Systems Administrator.
- If there is a problem with the server, one of the workstations or a printer, please fill out a log form and it will be emailed to the Systems Administrator.